Romaine Tuna Spike
– This recipe was originally created by Chef Yancy Roush and shown during the CELEBRITY CHEF segment on WCTV Tallahassee, Florida –
2 leaves red leaf lettuce
1/2 head romaine lettuce
6 oz. fresh or frozen tuna
2 Tbsp. SPIKE® ORIGINAL MAGIC!
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Roma tomato
1 Tbsp. fresh blended herbs (tarragon, parsley, basil, rosemary, thyme)*
1. Wash and rinse all lettuces in cold water. Place red leaf lettuce on bottom of base plate for garnish.
2. Tear washed romaine lettuce into salad bowl, add Mother Earths Essential dressing to your taste, and toss. Mound romaine into center of red leaf lettuce.
3. Brush olive oil over tuna and dredge through spike seasoning. Sear in preheated cast iron skillet for approximately three minutes on each side or until tuna is flaky.
MOTHER EARTH’S ESSENTIAL DRESSING
8 oz. virgin olive oil
4 oz. Baleen’s flax oil
2-3 oz. balsamic vinegar
3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 Tbsp. SPIKE® ORIGINAL MAGIC!
1 tsp. lemon juice
Dash soy sauce Tarragon, parsley, rosemary to taste *
1. Mix dressing ingredients together in a blender.
2. Keep stored in the refrigerator and use on sandwiches and salads.
* OUR NOTE: SPIKE® 5 HERB MAGIC! is a great, natural substitute for fresh herbs!